Saturday, May 17, 2014

Author Blog Hop Tomorrow!




Many of you that I've worked with in the past (and currently as well) know that I write....a lot....I write blog posts, I write marketing pieces, I write sales copy, I write millions (okay, but it seems that way at times) of social media posts.

What most of you probably don't know is that I have a published book on Amazon about my challenges with adult ADHD, and that I am currently working on no less than four additional books. (Yes, the ADHD makes it hard to stay focused for long periods...that is why I am counting on my new writer friends for inspiration to get 'em done!) It is so important to network with other authors-- because only they truly understand what a process it is to pour your heart onto the pages...only to read it over and think it is total rubbish, hit delete, and start over. I cannot tell you how many times I have done that.

Excited for my first Author Blog Hop tomorrow with Sheila Kell and J. Nichole Parkins. This blog hop has been a fun experience, as we each answered four tough questions about our writing...and the questions forced me to address where my writing is going, and most importantly, to set a goal for when it will get done!

I also have to give kudos to Christine Ardigo -- she is the first one I saw doing an author blog hop, and also is the person who set up our SITS Girls Author page so that we can all chat, commiserate, and motivate one another. Her first book, Cheating to Survive is available now on Amazon; I picked it up a few days ago, and just a few chapters in, I am hooked!

So grab a steaming mug of coffee or chai tea, and check back tomorrow morning to see what each one of us is working on-- and help cheer us on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment