Saturday, November 1, 2014

November is Writing Time: NaBloPoMo Here I Come!


Maybe it's the weather getting colder (did I mention I saw little chunky pellets of ice/snow/yuck today?) or the fact that so many cool writing events take place in November-- whatever it is, always makes me want to write more, and more often. Of course, this is a good thing-- I have several books in various stages of completion, and my goal is to have three of them published by year-end. While that may seem like pie-in-the-sky, the fact is that I am pretty close with all of them and just need to buckle it down and "get 'er done" as Larry the Cable Guy says.

This might seem counter-intutive, but I also joined NaBloPoMo for this month as well. For someone with adult ADHD like myself (I linked to my book about how I deal with it, naturally, in case anyone needs that help) structure is paramount. So, the fact that I have to sit down and write a blog post each and every day is a big. flippin. deal. for me! It's not that I am lazy, but I get distracted....you know, squirrel! Seriously, once I start working, I am a machine...but I can honestly say that I work best with a deadline approaching...under pressure. So this actually helps!  


NaBloPoMo is a takeoff of national novel writing month (Nanowrimo) and means National Blog Post Month. If you have a blog yourself, you can join as well. If you don't have a blog, start one-- seriously. If you ask me nice, I will probably help you set it up. There are also prizes-- you can win tickets to BlogHer Pro '14 Conference in San Francisco! Click here to sign up for NaBloPoMo and be eligible for prizes.

This is my (short) blog post for today. I have spent most of the day getting WordPress set up locally so that I can work on multiple websites "behind the scenes." I can tell you that I got a crash course in mySQL, PHP, WAMP, MAMP, XAMPP, and AMPPS today--- and finally found the proper combination to get things functioning exactly the way I need them. But my head is aching and I am ready to watch my Buckeyes finish
off Illinois!  

No comments:

Post a Comment